NekoJonez Writing tips volume 4
1) Having no idea's to continue a plot
? Don't be afraid to use filler. Nice filler idea's is a birthday party for the main character. It shows how human or how alive the character is.
2) Give your calm characters a dark history. A hero is NEVER perfect. He or she has always a dark spot on his or her reputation.
3) Don't write your story in one or two genres
Write it in various genres. If it's all drama you decrease the number of readers and you have a way to specific audience that will be VERY nitpicky.
4) Something I learned myself over the years is
if you compare things
don't go too far
Like in a Middle Age story
Don't compare something to a TV program
It "kills the magic".
5) Make the world of the character alive. Don't explain everything directly
Leave the reader with questions
Like: "How did she suddenly got that key
?". But pay attention for Dues Ex Machina's here.